Forum

Please note that you can subscribe to the individual forums. A subscription for news only covers the news.

Notifications
Clear all

help with my script  

RSS

Hi all,

I am very new and have no idea what I'm doing, but I keep running into issues. Especially with the clothing stuff. Basically I want to have it prompt a punishment any time clothing worn doesn't match clothing instructions, but I keep running into issues where either it doesn't recognize when the clothing doesn't match, or it punishes even when the clothing does match. I'm also open to any other feedback, if anyone wants, since I've no doubt this script is a piecemeal nightmare.

Let me know what you think, and if you want to email me directly I'm at amisol333@gmail.com!

6 Answers

oh it didn't let me attach the script, so here:

[ I want to have it prompt a punishment any time clothing worn doesn't match clothing instructions, but I keep running into issues where either it doesn't recognize when the clothing doesn't match, or it punishes even when the clothing does match]

I second this question! 

The problem is, that in your instructions, you are telling what to check for. But in your cloth types you do not tell what this type is. Thus the program has no chance of knowing what the sub is wearing. 

An example. You have this:

[set-workpants]
; Use both the choice and the set
select=all
; Make a choice
Choice=new
   option=pants
      check=pants
   option=jeans
      check=jeans
   option=shorts
      check=shorts

But you specify nowhere what pants, jeans or shorts are. The program do not understand English. Everything must be defined precisely.

Then you have this cloth type:

[clothtype-pants/shorts]
attr=Colour
attr=Style
attr=Length
   value=Long
   value=Below knee
   value=Knee
   value=Above knee
   value=?
attr=Description

The program cannot know which items are shots, pants or jeans. You must tell it. 

One way of doing it is this. But it doesn't leave room for jeans:

[clothtype-pants/shorts]
attr=Colour
attr=Style
attr=Length
   value=Long
      check=pants
   value=Below knee
      check=Shorts
   value=Knee
      check=Shorts
   value=Above knee
      check=Shorts
   value=?
attr=Description

A better way may be to divide the type into three:

[clothtype-pants]
check=pants
attr=Colour
attr=Style
attr=Description

[clothtype-jeans]
check=jeans
attr=Colour
attr=Style
attr=Description

[clothtype-shorts]
check=shorts
attr=Colour
attr=Style
attr=Length
   value=Long
   value=Below knee
   value=Knee
   value=Above knee
   value=?
attr=Description

Controlling cloth reports is the most complicated part of script writing. And it requires quite a bit of work. But it is possible. And once you get the hang of it, it is not that complicated. 

Rule of thumb:

• In the instructions, you must tell what is required or forbidden.
  • In the cloth types, you must specify what each type is. You can even do check of specific values (here the length), but that makes the work much bigger.

Sven

@admin
thank you, this worked!

Same!

After your last post, Sven, I have managed to get VM to accurately check clothing. Very happy. But I don’t know how to set things up to check for attributes and values. After hours with the manual and the demo script, I’m still stuck on this. Just in case I can squeeze some more of your time, here’s the simple structure I’m trying to establish:

A clothing definition called Beach Uniform has three items of clothing, or options: trunks, hat and codpiece. The trunks must be orange, the hat cotton and the codpiece casual. All types and values are to be checked before venturing onto the sand. I believe this is possible.

So how best to organise the definition of Beach Uniform and the clothtypes? So far, I can check only the cloth type. I haven’t yet understood how to check the attributes and values. I’m thinking they need to be defined in the clothing definition, but this field does not contain attributes and values, so how can VM stipulate them?

Any help hugely appreciated.

[Clothing-Beach Uniform]

Choice=New

Option=Trunks

Check=Trunks

Choice=New

Option=Hat

Check=Hat

Choice=New

Option=CodPiece

Check=CodPiece

[ClothType-Trunks]

Check=Trunks 

Attr=Colour

Value=Blue

Value=Orange

Check=Trunks (Not sure ‘Trunks’ is the right term here)

[ClothType-Hat]

Check=Hat

Attr=Material

Value=Cotton

Check=Hat (?)

[ClothType-CodPiece]

Check=CodPiece

Attr=Type

Value=Casual

Check=Codpiece (?)

[Report-Go to beach]

Clothing=Beach Uniform

ClothReport=Are you wearing your beach kit?

NewStatus=Beach

[Events]

CheckAll=Clothing Discipline

[Procedure-Clothing Discipline]

Message=This many clothing errors: {#zzClothFaults}

Etc.

You are creating quite a bit of work for yourself. 😀 But it is possible. Below I have only done the orange trunks. You have to copy it to the other items.

[Clothing-Beach Uniform]

Choice=New

Option=Orange trunks

Check=Trunks

Check=Trunks-orange

[ClothType-Trunks]

Check=Trunks 

Attr=Colour

Value=Blue

Value=Orange

Check=Trunks-orange

Value=Red

Note that for each combination of type and value, you must add a new check. Here "Trunks-Orange". If the hat also can be orange, you will need a "Hat-Orange". 

Sven

Very helpful. I’m flying. Multiple details of every garment can now be scrutinised, should the mood (flag) demand.

All hail to thee, Sven B