Forum

Please note that you can subscribe to the individual forums. A subscription for news only covers the news.

Notifications
Clear all

Something is off on my merits  

Page 2 / 2
   RSS

I can't for the life of me figure out why sometimes I don't get merits after completing something, but in other times that same job will give merits. It happens on different jobs, not just the one. Sometimes I will get the merits and sometimes nothing happens when I complete the job. Does anyone know what could POSSIBLY be the issue? 

Also sometimes when a new day triggers, I will get all my jobs issued but then sometimes I will just lose a ton of points. I don't know if I'm supposed to lose points when jobs are assigned or if that's not supposed to happen because both happens. Do merits roll over when you get to many?

I feel like there is some kind of bug in my script or even the program itself. I just can't figure it out.

20 Answers

So yeah, my jobs are 100% being counted as punishments. after deleting the run command on all of the jobs the merits start at 500 where they are supposed to start. The problem is, now none of the jobs run=daily or run=Monday. 

edit: yeah everything is working fine after removing the run command from my jobs. The test jobs work as intended. There is something wrong the the run command causing the jobs to be seen as punishments for me for some reason. 

Can you send me a script with the problem? Then I will look at it. You can send it to sven.brg@gmail.com

Sven

When I tried to mail it as an attachment I got a denial to send because google thought it was something bad. So I uploaded it to oneDrive and sent a link to your email.

Got it. 

Yes, I see the problem. Apparently the points awarded when a job is done, is counted as if the jobs were punishments. But only if the Run keyword is used. 

My problem is that I cannot change the program at the moment. I can only do that from my Windows XP machine, and it is broken down. I am in the process of transferring it to a new development environment on my Windows 10 machine, but it will take quite some time to complete that, as I don't have much time for it. 

As I see it, you can circumvent the problem by one of these means:

• Use timers to launch the jobs, as you do.
  • Use Interval instead of Run.
  • Remove AddMerit from the jobs.

I'm sorry, but it's the best I can do right now.

Sven

It's weird that no one else has ever seen that problem. I'm not to worried now that it's confirmed and that there is a work around. I just felt like I was losing my mind lol. I thought I was just doing something really dumb. 

You say "some time" is that a months timeline or years timeline? I totally understand that you do this as a hobby and don't really make any money off of it. Just trying to get some kind of idea. I really love the idea of this program. There really isn't anything like it that I can find. I wish I could be more help to further it to reach an awesome potential.

I also find it weird that no one else have experienced the problem. That's why I was so reluctant to recognise the bug. I apologise for that. 

"Some time" might be years. I don't know. Yes, it's a hobby that has been going on for more than 20 years. And I'm not so keen as I were. Especially when uninteresting stuff like software upgrades spoils the fun. But hopefully one day I will get past it.

Sven

Page 2 / 2