Forum

Please note that you can subscribe to the individual forums. A subscription for news only covers the news.

Store %instructions in a string  

RSS

Hi,

It seems the %instructions variable cannot be stored in a string (using set$). Since %instructions always contains the last instructions chosen, it would be convenient to store a specific set of instructions in a string, to prevent texts from changing if instructions= is used again.

Would it be possible to request this feature for a future release?

Hi,

I need more information on how you want to use it. Do you also want a feature to put the string back to instructions? Or do you want to show it later.

Please explain how you are going to use it and why. That will help me to evaluate if I can do it and how to do it. 

Sven

In this case I was planning on just storing it to make the instructions static in other pieces of text.

It would be great actually to be able to have more control over the instructions, or any array for that matter, but that is beond the scope of this specifc request.

It would be great if "set$=$txt,Do this: {$zzL}{%instructions}" would work.

By the way, I love your work. I think you are a genius 🙂

Thank you.  😊 

That should be easy do do. I have noted it on to my backlog. It will probably be in terms of the variables $zzInstructions and $zzClothing.

It will take some time as I am in the process of migrating the program to a new development platform. To get rid of my Windows XP computer. 

Sven

Working

Please Login or Register