Forum

Please note that you can subscribe to the individual forums. A subscription for news only covers the news.

Notifications
Clear all

[4.0 Beta 10] Two bugs: Time variables in Permissions and Authorizations in Status file  

   RSS

0

Bug #1: Time variables are not read correctly when checked from permissions.

Test script:

[General]
minversion=4.0 Beta 10
version=0.1
master=Tester
subname=Testee
defaultstatus=default

[events]
firstrun=setup

[status-default]
quickreport=test

[report-test]
procedure=test

[permission-test]
pct=100
procedure=test

[procedure-setup]
set!=!test,01:00

[procedure-test]
message={!test}

Using the report returns the message "1 hour". Using the permission returns the message "1 second".

 

Bug #2: Every time the program is launched, the file authorizations are copied into the status file again.

Test script:

[General]
minversion=4.0 Beta 10
version=0.1
master=Tester
subname=Testee
defaultstatus=default

[status-default]

[procedure-test]
launch=test.txt

Every time the script is launched, another instance of "Execute of file test.txt" will appear under [Authorizations]. In complicated scripts with encrypted status files, this could cause quite a bit of bloat over time.

5 Answers
1

@zipinen: Thank you for such well documented bug reports.

Bug #1: You are right, this is a bug. It will be fixed in the next version, which will be out shortly. I first tested it with beta 6, and the bug was not there. Then with beta 10, where the bug is. So it has appeared somewhere between the two versions. Maybe that's why @simon-cagey did not experience it.

Bug #2: Again you are right. It will be fixed, but maybe not in the first version coming out.

Sven

0

Can't replicate your first "bug".  Maybe try OpenProgram instead of FirstRun. Usual problem for me when I get a "1second" is a typo in the variable name.

0

The firstrun was just to get the variable in for testing without having to perform extra steps manually. Did you use the script as above? It's the exact script I used to reproduce the issue myself outside of a full script, and I just copy-pasted that script again and was able to reproduce the issue every time. As a note, in this case there can't be a typo in the variable name for only one of them because both the report and the permission display the value by calling the same procedure.

Here is the report that is generated when I test it:

we 23 11:09:47 AM


Create new report no. 1. 2020-09-23

for Testee.

we 23 11:09:47 AM Program version 4.0 Beta 10.
we 23 11:09:47 AM Script file test.ini.
we 23 11:09:47 AM Report file Report.htm.
we 23 11:09:47 AM Status file vm3stat.vmt.

Wednesday 23-09-2020

Program start 23-09-2020 11:09:47 AM VirMst4.exe version 4.0 Beta 10.

we 23 11:09:47 AM Script file : test.ini
we 23 11:09:47 AM Script version: 0.1
we 23 11:09:47 AM Status: vm3stat.vmt
we 23 11:09:47 AM Report: Report.htm
we 23 11:09:47 AM Previous end: .
we 23 11:09:47 AM New status: default
we 23 11:09:47 AM New status: default
we 23 11:09:47 AM Merit points: 0
we 23 11:09:47 AM Flag on: Wednesday
we 23 11:09:47 AM Flag on: September
we 23 11:09:47 AM Flag on: DAY23

Day summary for Tuesday 22-09-2020:

Merits at the beginning of the day: 500
Merits at the end of the day: 0
Program has been running 1 second this day.
Time spend away from home this day: none.
End of summary


we 23 11:09:47 AM Merits: +500, sum=500
we 23 11:09:47 AM Event FirstRun calling setup
we 23 11:09:47 AM !test=01:00:00
we 23 11:09:47 AM Status file have been backed up to C:\Users\zipinen\Desktop\test\vm3stat.vmt.bak
we 23 11:09:47 AM Initialization complete.

we 23 11:09:50 AM Permission to test granted (100%).

we 23 11:09:51 AM Response time 1 second
we 23 11:09:51 AM "1 second"
we 23 11:09:51 AM Response time 1 second

we 23 11:09:52 AM Report: test.

we 23 11:09:52 AM "1 hour"
we 23 11:09:52 AM Response time 1 second

we 23 11:09:54 AM Permission to test granted (100%).

we 23 11:09:54 AM Response time 1 second
we 23 11:09:54 AM "1 second"
we 23 11:09:55 AM Response time 1 second

we 23 11:09:56 AM Report: test.

we 23 11:09:56 AM "1 hour"
we 23 11:09:56 AM Response time 1 second

we 23 11:09:57 AM Program closing

we 23 11:09:57 AM Program end 2020-09-23 11:09:57 after 10 seconds
we 23 11:09:57 AM Program has been running 9 seconds this day.

0

Bug #1 is solved in the new Beta 12.

0

Bug #2 is solved in the new beta 13.

 

Sven