Forum

Please note that you can subscribe to the individual forums. A subscription for news only covers the news.

Notifications
Clear all

AddMerit not executed - what is wrong?  

RSS

Maybe a silly newbie question, but this slave has written a few popups into the script in which his beloved Mistress checks on compliance ("Is your slave collar locked on right now?"), and upon answering yes, dispenses 10 merit points as a little bonus, via an AddMerit=10 command. This used to work, but doesn't anymore. Also, the DayMerit command this slave tried to introduce in the General section is declared "illegal" upon launching the script. (Running VirMst 3.4 on Windows XP (SP3) now.) Merits are deduced for punishments and restored upon completion of punishment, but the script can't seem to add any. Any ideas, anyone? What's wrong here?

SR 20-312-985-521. This slave property of Lady Julie.

Topic Tags
4 Answers

Are there any hints in the script on why the merits are not added? It may be explained there.

Also 3.4 has a problem if jobs with Run=Daily use AddMerit. Se more here: https://virmst.eu/wp/community/main-forum/know-bugs-in-virtual-master-version-3/#post-519

As for "DayMerit", I will need to see the script to determine what is wrong.

Sven

This slave followed your link to the "known bugs" thread and found a possibly relevant statement there: Does "they will reduce the maximum merits the sub can get, in the same way punishment does" mean that pending punishments (of which this slave has accumulated quite a few, sigh) will inhibit the acquisition of merit points? If so, it was a silly newbie question, sorry about that.

The DayMerit command, though, is indeed a "keyword not allowed in [General]". This slave thinks he found the solution, however: "DayMerits", in the plural, works (or at least is not rejected by the program - we'll see tomorrow morning whether it's executed). Ha. So, "Merits" seems to be not just an alternative to "Merit" here, as suggested in the scriptwriting guide, but the only possible spelling, at least in version 3.4.

Btw, thank you for the idea (in that "known bugs" thread) of granting bonus merits on completion of household chores ! Let's see whether this slave can convince his beloved Mistress to have him add it to the script...:)

It's correct that pending punishments limits the maximum number of merit points the sub can get. It is listed in the report that the merit points are not given, and why. That's because I find that when the sub has pending punishments, he should be in "bad standing" until the punishments are done. And he should not be able to reduce that bad standing in any other way than completing the punishments.

Yes, DayMerits must be with an S. I'm sorry that I have not been very consequent here. But the manual seems to be correct.

I don't myself use the idea of granting bonusmerits for housework. It believe it's the duty of a slave, not something that requires a special award. But the possibility is there. If your Mistress wishes.

Sven

Ah, I see! Your argument re. "bad standing" is entirely correct, and this slave is all for severe punishments (including of himself), he just didn't know about pending punishments precluding additional merit points and kept wondering why those little bonus merits wouldn't show up. So it's not a bug or a scripting error, it's a feature.

DayMerits is indeed only listed in the plural form - this slave made a rash generalisation (i.e. didn't read the manual carefully enough), since AddMerit(s) and SetMerit(s), listed immediately above, are both possible with or without -s. He begs forgiveness.

As for granting bonus points for household chores - you're right there, too. This slave won't disappoint his beloved Mistress with a frivolous request like that. To serve Her should be reward enough for him.