Forum

Please note that you can subscribe to the individual forums. A subscription for news only covers the news.

Notifications
Clear all

How to close a program

RSS

Topic starter

Hi... I know I can launch a program outside of Virtual Master using launch=, but is there a way of closing the program as well? 

Thanks,

Chazz

6 Answers

Hi Chazz,

If the program supports the command line you can write a batch file to close it and then launch the batch file. Assuming that you are using windows you can use the taskkill command to close any process. This is like using the task manager to close a program; depending on the program it may or may not show errors when closed that way.

Kathy

Topic starter

Thank you Kathy! I will definitely look into that. 

Hi,
There is a small program called AutoIt3 Script Editor which has its own scripting functions that can open, close and manipulate other programs. It is quite easy to use. I am using it to see if I can tie control of everything to VM. 

Topic starter

Interesting!! Please let us know what happens. 

Chazz

Hi again,

It works perfectly, and is extremely simple to use.
I have created tiny executables for every program I need to use and VM can call them from the script like any other for both opening and closing. Other manipulation is also possible but will be more complex.

best wishes

Topic starter

Excellent! Thanks for sharing! I'm excited to explore the possibilities. 

Chazz