Forum

Please note that you can subscribe to the individual forums. A subscription for news only covers the news.

Notifications
Clear all

Modifying VirMst

RSS

Topic starter

so... I'd like a "stealth mode" version of this program, since I live with other people who like to come up and see what I'm doing. I understand you don't have a reason to make this, so I'm wondering if I'm allowed to modify the executable myself. Would you have a problem with that?

Topic Tags
6 Answers

I don't see how you can modify the executable. You won't get access to the source code.

What do you mean by "stealth" mode. Have you looked at the possibilities for minimizing to the system tray?

Sven

Topic starter

Resource Hacker, lets you modify the resources in the program. So I'd probably replace the icon with a checklist, and then rename the program "Tasks".

I didn't realize you could minimize the program to the system tray, so I will look into that.

Topic starter

I see "minimizing to the task tray" in the scripting guide now. don't know how I missed that before. Thank you!

What you do on your own computer, I have no problems with. But I would prefer that you rename the exec file, and don't distribute it. I'd hate getting bug reports from a modified program.

I have not done anything with the minimizing functionality for a long time. There may be problems, but if there are, I will look at it.

Sven

Topic starter

Could I send the modified version to a sub?

I think that would be all right, as long as you rename the exe file so that it is nor called anything with VirMst. And you instruct the sub of not to pass it on to others.

Sven