Forum

Please note that you can subscribe to the individual forums. A subscription for news only covers the news.

Notifications
Clear all

Possible Bugs in V4  

RSS

Hi,

I just want to start to say a massive thank you to Sven for creating this absolute gem of a program, I've been using it off on on for years and I'm loving this new version - especially the new report - wow!

Anyway I think I may have come across a bug or two.

Firstly I'm not 100% sure if this is a fact however I have noticed that the weight= keyword doesn't always appear to work in clothing instructions. I could be wrong, I haven't thought of a way of testing it however I always seem to get instructions that appear more randomized rather than being affected by the weight keyword eg:

choice=new
option=Cotton Panties
option=Boyshorts
option=bikini briefs
option=full panties
weight=5
option=g-string
option=*

It seems to pick at random rather than being weighted to full panties once again I could be unlucky but it doesn't seem to line up with the law of averages over the last few weeks (been using v4 since it was released).

Secondly I'm using the restricted=1 functionality however I've noticed in the reports it is telling me when flags have expired. I'm not sure this is by design however I think it would be an idea to remove this from the restricted reporting as it can tell the sub when to ask for permissions etc.

Love the program and it is so good to see it getting updated!

Thanks, 

6 Answers

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm very happy with the new report myself, as well.

I am suspecting myself that there is a problem with the randomizer. But I haven't been able to be sure either. I will look further into it.

I see the problem with restricted=1 and expiration of flags. I probably changed that by mistake to make it look better in the report. I will see to it.

Sven

Looking more into the code I realised that it is deliberate that flag expiration is mentioned. Because you might like to know that.

However, there is a keyword on the flag, ReportFlag=0, to avoid listing this flag in the report.

Sven

Thanks Sven,

I did read the keyword I just assumed that was for a full report not a restricted report and definitely solved my problem.

Is there any testing I can help with to find our more information with the randomizer? After more use I am pretty certain that it is completely random and not weighted but once again I'm not certain.

Thanks,

Thanks, but primarily I need some time for testing. Testing a randomizer is always a bit time consuming. And at the moment I have some more serious bugs to deal with.

I will let you know if you can help.

Sven

You're right. I have found the bug. It will be solved in the next update, I just need to do some more testing.

Sven

The problem is solved in the new beta 8.

Sven

Thanks Sven,

Really appreciate it and seems to be working as intended!