Please note that you can subscribe to the individual forums. A subscription for news only covers the news.
The script is supervising a detention consisting of altering between writing lines (on paper) and standing or kneeling in the corner. In detention you must write the same line on paper a number of times. While writing, you will be interrupted and put in the corner for a period of time. You'll never know how long you have to stand there. When the corner time is over, you can continue writing lines. You must keep up like that until you have completed the specified number of lines. Furthermore, you may be interrupted while writing just to be sent back writing again.
Read the readme.txt file.
Great script Sven! Thank you!
Thank you, Chazz. Actually it is not my idea. The original was made for someone I worked with a couple of years ago, and it was his idea. This version has been generalized by removing all personal content.
Hi! Does anyone have the picture files? I tried to run this script but it crashes because it doesn't have the pictures. I tried to find my own and name them according to the names in the script but it keeps saying it can't find the pictures. Thanks
As mentioned above, this script is an extract from a personal script I made for someone. And the pictures used are personal and cannot be published. I will see if I can create new pictures, but I don't have time right now.
The script was made before VM started to check for the existence of files, so I didn't discover the problem.
I suggest that you remove all lines with Picture=.
Alternatively create your own pictures. The script expect these picture files:
Standing hands folded behind.jpg
Standing hands on head.jpg
Kneeling hands folded behind.jpg
Kneeling hands on head.jpg
I totally understand. I tried making my own pictures, but it still says for some reason that it can't find them even though I was very careful to name them exactly what it said in the script so when that didn't work I did as you suggested and took out all the lines that called for pictures and I have it working now. Thanks again!
I have updated the script and removed the picture references. They are left as comments, in case you want to supply your own pictures.
This is incredibly delicious as a punishment!
At some point I think I may try to develop it further:
- Although the lines are to be hand-written, VM could still decide each line to be written by choosing randomly from a list and display it on the screen with a quick report for showing the next one
- This would allow for monitoring constant, steady work and only permitting a certain amount of time to write each line.
- Completed pages (with start time and date) could be required to be shown to the camera for a photo, followed by the next page, empty except for its start time and date, to allow close monitoring.
- Any error made must be reported immediately, the page crossed through and then shown to the camera. Then that page would be restarted and possibly an additional number of lines added.
- When interruption pop-ups for corner time happen, the incomplete page must be crossed through, photographed and abandoned. So the slave must hope pop-ups happen soon after a page is started.
- I'd like to work out a way to measure how long the first ten lines take to write, then use this as a standard for the rest of the work. If the slave keeps close to this same speed, pop-ups are more likely to happen just after a page is completed and a new one started (the least worst time). If the speed slows (but is still within the allowed time for each line) then the chances of having to abandon a nearly finished page increase dramatically. If the slave speeds up, this will adjust the expectation for the rest of the task (to avoid him cheating by starting more slowly than necessary).
Presumably the time stamps in the report would enable the photographed lines to be checked thoroughly in case of suspected cheating and to ensure the correct lines were written at the correct times, is that right?
I think all of these changes can be made by adjusting the script, and no new features would be required in VM. If anyone has any further ideas, feedback or requests, I'd be happy to think about incorporating them into an enhanced version of this awesome script!
This should all be possible. If you create a new script, please upload it to the site.
One thing is that checking the lines against the report could be very time consuming. But of course, you can do some random checks, and the sub will never know which lines will be checked. 😀
When I did this with a sub, he scanned all the written lines and mailed them to me. So if the sub has a scanner, that is an easy way to get a good quality.