Virtual Master version 4.2 Beta 4 is available on the download page.
In this version I have done something new. When the program starts, and it is not from an encrypted script, it will validate that picture and sound files exist. This means that if you have scripts that refer to files that don’t exist, your script won’t start the program. I believe it is the right thing to do, because it is very annoying much later to discover that the didn’t work because you made a spelling error in the file name. However, if you think it is a problem, then let me know. I can make it optional. But actually I still think it is the right thing to do.
There are some exceptions to checking for file existence:
- When you use LocalPicture and LocalSound, the file is not checked. These keywords are typically used when you send a script to a remote sub. And you rely on the files to be present on the sub’s computer. However, you don’t want the sub to be unable to open the program because of a single file missing.
- When you have a wild card (*) in the file name, no checking is done. The program has no way of knowing which files should be there.
- PgmAction=Maximize maximizes the main window.
- PgmAction=Normalize restores the normal size of the main window.
- GroupOnly=1 in popup groups will make sure that popups from this group will only be chosen from the popups belonging to that group.
- ClothReport=0 will remove the entry “Report clothing” from the Communications menu.
A note: The manual shipped with this version, mentions a keyword called Monopolize. It was en experiment, and it didn’t work well. So it will be removed in future releases. Please don’t use it.